I've been having the same kind of dream for as long as I can remember where these waves are crashing in on me. Sometimes I can escape into a car or a truck and lock myself in but the inevitable always happens and the weight and force of the water break through the windshield and crush me. In the last dream I had last month I just stood there. Didn't even bother to look for a place of refuge and that pretty much summed up my attitude about a lot of things at the end of 2009.
Aside from the usual paper snowflake and Christmas card, this is my first attempt at paper cutting art (see Peter Callesen's amazing work). That itty bit holding up her hands bracing for impact is supposed to be me. I'll try to take a better picture in daylight so that it doesn't cast too much shadow. The "negative" cut-out part is supposed to be the shadow.
LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteneat-o. the itty bit in negative space looks like a cactus or part of a menorah. very creative!
ReplyDelete