Sunday, January 10, 2010

Furnace, Week 1 - A Christmas Noir + random poem

So, the goal was to make a big Christmas card, booklet, whatever, write the story, cut and paste the images from random magazines that I was receiving in the mail and send it out to friends and family by Christmas. That did not happen. I finished up this draft last weekend, so I'm kinda stretching to include it in this weeks post, but here it is anyway. Or at least a few scenes. There was 20 in all.

Scene 2

Scene 4
Scene 7
scene 14
scene 18
That's the gist. Some corruption, some Kennedy's, some Santa. Dazzle played a signifcant role in getting the scanner operational. Key player. Props Dazzle.
Keeping with the holiday theme. Here's a random poem that was written this week:
One Thanksgiving Drunk
Like that time when you left the liquor store
and caught your boss in the alley with a drunk hooker
and he smiled,
and you smiled back, brighter
and then he got it
and payed you cash to be something you already were:
silent.

1 comment:

  1. Great teaser, Max! Can't wait to see the complete story. I was reading this while eating dinner. I laughed so hard, rice came out my nose!

    ReplyDelete